Types of Braces Overview
For a brief narrated overview of the different types of braces, please click on the image below. It will launch our educational Module in a separate window that may answer some of your questions about different types of braces.
Colored braces (metal braces)
- Typically what one thinks of when they think of braces
- The brace is metal and the color rubber band around the brace gives it color
- Can pick a clear or silver colored rubber band to blend into the braces if you didn’t want the colored look
- There are many different braces companies to choose from. We wanted to offer our patients a quality brace. Therefore, Winning Smiles Orthodontics uses American Orthodontics braces which are proudly made in the USA. The company was founded in 1968 and is located in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- The top front braces are ceramic or clear, since we tend to show our top front teeth when smiling
- The remaining braces are metal since lower ceramic braces have a higher risk of chipping teeth
- This is popular with our adult patients
- Clear trays that you wear over your teeth to make them move, move teeth without the look of braces
- We use genuine Invisalign aligners
- Straighten your teeth in less than a year, typically 6 months
- Limited treatment to only straighten the front teeth